Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Primary school Education


I am starting to understand and feel what the education at this level has to be. I believe the context for me has been somehow weird to adjust , practicing with college boys is very different from teaching primary school. At first I thought there was only one foreign language education with some differences but within the same book. I was wrong.

Methodologically, primary school is not complicated to teach, my bigger improvement and maybe one of my weakest points was discipline, i considered myself as a very dynamic instructor. But kids at this age cant assume continuos changes in their everyday class day. The process we repeat over and over in class with small changes (new concepts) is the only path they understand (or at least a big percentage of the class).

In new chapters I will share, how different a sixth grade class is from a second grade class. I realized that they belong to the same system but they are world apart, we have to be ready to accept the reality of the schools nowadays, sometimes it is not what is looks like.

No comments: